Sunday, September 6, 2009

Oops...

Oh my GOODNESS! It has been absolutely forever since I've written here, and honestly, I've really missed it! I do love making these posts, even if its only for my own benefit. Anyway, a little bit has happened in the last couple of weeks, including just a little bit of shopping, of course! I can't really remember exactly the order in which I bought things, but that's OK, right? Right!
So its been beautiful and summery these past couple of weeks, and that it at the very least part of the reason I've been so MIA. I'm desperately grasping on to every last scrap of summer that I can! Where I live, winters can be insanely unforgiving, and I am definitely not looking forward to it. I always try to keep summer in my head though, even all through winter and one way I do that is by wearing skirts! Skirts and dresses, rather than jeans, are my version of everyday wear. I am not at all the type of girl to save skirts for "dressing up". I think every day is a day to dress up for! And I took advantage of summer again and picked up a couple more skirts! First off I got a cute plain black box-pleated skirt from H&M. Its really quite nice, a bit of a heavier cotton so I can avoid that embarrassing wind-catching-skirt phenomenon. I love the skirt because it is super versatile and I can dress it down a bit with an embellished tee, or make it a bit more formal with relative ease. The second skirt I got was from Club Monaco, and its a really nice flowy white cotton skirt that I got on sale for an amazing $19 down from $140! I love getting great pieces at great prices! I picked up a few other odds and ends in the clothing department as well, pretty much just a bit of lingerie and some plain tank tops for layering though, nothing too exciting. Now on to beauty stuff!
I sadly missed out on the Blonde Brunette Redhead collection from MAC, and I was pretty disappointed that I hadn't gotten my hands on a few of the things from that release. One of those things I wanted but didn't get was Henna eyeshadow, and I was recently lucky enough to come across it! It is a gorgeous dark gold color and I am loving it! I don't have Sumptuous Olive, which I have heard this can be compared to so I'm not completely sure how similar they are, but I can definitely say that Henna is just beautiful I'm really looking forward to playing around with it some more!
As for the Makeup Art Cosmetics collection, I only picked up one thing. I had wanted a few other things, including the purple quad, but when I swatched those colors I really wasn't feeling their pigmentation. But that is ok, because the item I did purchase I am in love with! I got the Artistic License technakohl liner, the bright blue one. It is so pretty! I have been using it to line my lower lash line when I have a pretty, neutral look on the rest of my eye. It really makes the eyes pop, and its a fun little unexpected way to play with color! One more thing I wanted and wasn't lucky enough to get was actually one of the promo images! The Marilyn Minter one to be exact, the closeup of the messy, glittery purple eye. I think that is just such an amazing photo and I would love to have it to hang on my wall!
Other than a new Studio Fix powder, that's all I've gotten from MAC in the last little bit. Of course I can't ever resist popping in there when I'm near a location, so we'll see how long that lasts. I have picked up a few other things from a few other places though. I've recently started loving the Sephora by OPI nail polishes. I've had Metro Chic for a while now, and really love it, so when I heard they were coming out with a matte version, I was so excited. I really love the matte nail trend and I'm really looking forward to picking up some more matte colors. I did pick up the matte Metro Chic, along with the color Under My Trench Coat, which is a traditional color, not a matte. I really do love the matte version of Metro Chic, I think it looks really amazing, and it seems to dry really fast which of course is fantastic. I've still got to try Under My Trench Coat, but I have a feeling that I'm going to like it a lot! On my nail polish want list is definitely a couple of OPI's other matte-version polishes as well, especially the matte Lincoln Park After Dark, which I bet is gorgeous. I wish I could find the Essie Matte About You mattefying top coat, but I still haven't found it anywhere. I'm wondering if maybe it just isn't available in Canada yet? Sad!
As with nearly every other post here, I've also been in to Lush recently. I think I have a problem, I'm a bit of an addict. This time I picked up a Melting Marshmallow Moments bath melt (love!) and a lovely, wobbly blob of Sweetie Pie shower jelly. I love the shower jellies, they're so fun! And they smell really nice. Sweetie Pie smells sort of fruity and cherry-ish, and its really lovely. The jellies don't seem to dry out my skin either, which is really great since one or two Lush soaps have dried my skin out a bit in the past. The last thing I picked up at Lush was actually a wrapped gift for a friend. The Bunty gift is just so cute and it has such great-smelling bath bombs and bubble bars. So girly and I really do think its a great gift choice.
Those, I think, are all of the exciting things I've picked up over the last little while. I've been really taking advantage of summer, but I've missed writing here, so I'm definitely going to do my best to do so on a more regular basis! How about you? Have you been enjoying the summer? Have you tried out any great products? Let me know when you've been doing, and what products you've been loving! Oh, and I've been trying to figure out what foundation to try out for fall and winter. I want something a bit more moisturizing, and any tips or recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! And stay gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment