Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Candles!

So I've got another new love: candles! I've always thought they were pretty and everything, but I never really got into them too much. Lately though, I've been candle crazy! I'm really loving the Slatkin & Co. candles from Bath and Body works, actually. My boyfriend and I have picked up a few scents from them and I'm loving the way they smell! We have Pineapple Mango, Caribbean Salsa, Orange Nectar, Coconut Lime Verbena, Cucumber Melon, and our newest additions, Spiced Cider and Kitchen Spice.
I love all of the scents, they really do smell quite strongly, not like some other candles I've seen with barely any scent at all. I do have one issue though. All of the lighter colored candle waxes seem to burn perfectly, nice and even and all the way to the edges. However, the candles with darker waxes, and particularly brownish or orangey colors, don't melt nearly as nicely. They are much more uneven and look a little lumpy after they re-harden.
All in all, I will keep buying the Slatkin & Co., candles, no matter what color the wax. Maybe its just been a coincidence, but either way, they smell so good its definitely worth it. They get my stamp of approval, and are totally recommended!
Let me know what kind of candles you like! Help me feed the obsession! And stay gorgeous everyone!

2 comments:

  1. i love candles too, i really wnt sme cndle frm cndles by victoria but sadly they dnt ship to the uk.... booohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I've been lusting after some Candles by Victoria stuff too, but sadly they only ship to the US! Hopefully soon they'll open up shipping worldwide! What are some your your favorite candle scents?

    ReplyDelete