Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A little shopping and some nervousness!

So tomorrow I start a brand new job, and it feels just like the first day of school. And of course the first day of school calls for a new outfit! My boyfriend and I decided to take a walk to make sure I know exactly where my new office is tomorrow morning, and it just so happens that there is a mall on the way, so of course I had to stop in. I picked up a super cute black pencil skirt, a couple of black button-down tops and some pretty, colourful tanks to layer underneath. I love to wear a lot of black and white and then add pops of colour here and there. Except for dresses...I love bright, jewel tone dresses for some reason. I think brighter colours say "special occasion" to me, and my more day to day clothes are a bit more neutral.
After my little shopping detour, we found my new building with no problems at all, and I'm just so excited to start. I'm working on the 20th floor of a tall, pretty building right downtown, and I'm right across the street from a mall, which could end up being dangerous for my bank account. I'm definitely a bit nervous to start at a new place, but I think it could end up being very fun. And I'm never one to turn down any opportunity for new work clothes!
So now I'm going to go play with putting together outfits and shoes and trying out work makeup looks. And hopefully I'm not up all night with silly nerves! Stay gorgeous everyone!

1 comment: