Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Shopping Adventure

I love Sundays! I feel so guilt-free waking up as late as possible. And today we really did wake up nice and late! And after some coffee and wake up time, we headed out to do a bit of shopping! Finally! The mall had been calling my name for a little while and it felt good to browse and pick out a few things!
First off we hit up the bookstore since Adam had a gift card that he got for his birthday. I love bookstores. Even if I don't end up buying anything I still love to browse and take my time - there is just something so relaxing about it for me. He ended up picking out a couple of books, and I got the new issue of Vogue, which I plan on enjoying in a nice bath after I've finished up writing this.
Speaking of baths, we also hit up Lush for some yummy-smelling goodies. I've found that it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to walk past a Lush without going in and buying at least a little something./ Today I picked up a big new bottle of Tea Tree Water toner, which you know I love. I was running out and I need a bottle to throw in the fridge. Its been crazy hot here and its such a good way to beat the heat! I also grabbed a couple Butterball bath bombs and a Comforter bubble bar to replenish my stash...I plan on tossing a Butterball in my bath in just a little while. Its definitely my favorite bath bomb. It smells great and I find the cocoa butter super moisturising and luxurious.
After Lush we headed over to Sephora. I wanted to pick up Deep Throat blush from NARS, but they were out. I was pretty disappointed but of course I just kept on looking around. I wound up picking out Metro Chic nail polish from Sephora by OPI. I love this colour, and I'm looking forward to putting it on my nails. Its a dirty purplish/grey/brown colour and I think its just so pretty. It sort of reminds me of Love & Friendship from MAC actually. If I have time tonight I might try it out. I also picked up some makeup remover wipes while I was there, but that is sort of boring. The last thing I got at Sephora was a mini size bottle of Vanille Coco perfume from Comptoir Sud Pacifique. I loooove their perfumes, I have the Vanille Abricot and Vanille Banane as well, and I've definitely bought more than one. They smell amazing to me, sort of candy-ish. You definitely need to love sweet smells to enjoy these I think. And of course perfumes all smell different on different people. Even though the Comptoir Sud Pacifique scents are so sweet, after a few minutes on my skin they have a bit deeper, warmer tone that I love. I get tons of compliments on these scents, and my boyfriend adores them, which is always a plus!
After Sephora I went over to MAC to check out the Love That Look collection. Some of the shadows were really pretty, but I didn't see anything that I felt like I absolutely need. I'm OK with that though because so many collections are coming out in the next little while and I'm excited to see those ones too!
So that was my shopping day! I picked up a few more boring things, like new towels (pink though!), and after that we headed home for a blueberry-pancake dinner and some relaxing. And now I'm going to continue relaxing with a luscious Lush bath! Have a great night, and stay gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment