Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer Fun

As I said before, the weather has sbeen pretty fantastic here lately. Except for Saturday night... that night we had an INSANE storm. There was huge hail, super crazy winds and so much rain in a tiny space of time that the parking lot at my apartment building flooded. Even though the storm was sort of scary, it was actually pretty cool at the same time. Because of the way the wind was blowing, the blacony of our apartment was totally dry even though it was pouring down outside, and by boyfriend and I were able to stand on our balcony and watch the sky light up purple with constant lightning!
Since the crazy storm, it has been HOT outside. The crazy heat, combined with longish work days and then evenings spent attending fun festivals and things with friends has left me pretty exhausted, and its not even close to over! Tomorrow after work, my boyfriend and I are heading to the fair, which I'm really excited about. There is a butterfly exhibit there with tons of pretty butterflies and I think that is going to be fun. And then Friday we're heading to my parents' house for a family barbecue.
Due to all of the other excitement going on, I actually haven't had much of a chance to shop! I did get my Smooth Merge MSF in the mail, and I do really love it. The darkest pink stripe works wonderfully as a blush on me, and all three swirled together actually works as blush too. The two lighter shades work great as cheek and brow highlighters as well. I'm hoping to get out and do a bit more shopping this weekend, I was walking through the mall to get to my bank today and I spotted a couple of very cute tops with bows on them when I peeked into a few store windows., So I think very soon I might have a little more haul action to talk about!
And now I'm off to cool off with a bowl of frozen raspberries! Have a great night, and stay gorgeous everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment